- Make your own painting on canvas
- Learn in a private studio in a small group setting
- Personal, private instruction
- Explore colour, shape, perspective, contrast and detail
- Lessons for enthusiasts of any age, from children to adults
Learn an easy to follow step-by-step process to create a painting on canvas that you can be proud of. Begin with an exploration of colour and shape. Use a variety of painting techniques to create depth and richness in your painted image through the use of colour, tone and layering. No previous painting experience required.
- 4 session introductory course
- 8 session expanded introductory course
- On-going lessons, pay monthly
- Explore colour theory and blending using oil pastels, aqua pencils or tempera paint
- Use colour and tone to create the illusion of shape
- Look at shapes within an object and the relationships between shapes
- Learn to identify and paint from background to foreground
- Choose an image for your painting
- Paint on canvas, learning to layer your painting from background to foreground, from general to detail, applying the skills learned in the explorations
- Daytime and evening times available
- 2-hour sessions
- One make-up class can be taken during the week following the end of the course.
Fees include materials
Please come and join us for these fun lessons.